Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Using oDesk to Find Freelance Writing Work

I thought I'd introduce you guys to the website, oDesk.

I've been using it for a just over 24 hours now, and while I haven't actually gotten any work from it, it seems very promising. You have to wait for the employer to accept or reject you for an interview, and considering I've only been applying for maybe 6 hours, I can't see this as either good or bad.

It's different to a lot of other freelancing platforms in that it charges the person who hires you and offers a platform to do hourly work which can be monitored by your employer in order to offer a payment guarantee. Obviously there are strict rules about it, but they're not that hard to abide by.

There's also a distinction between fixed-rate and hourly work, which is nice, as if you need the omney you can apply for the fixed rate ones (although most of those are low paid "i wunt 20 articles for $5" type jobs, but hey, if you're desperate)

You get to set your own wages, and you see how much the employer is charged when you set them, which is interesting to say the least.

It seems like a very friendly, easy to use platform, that I don't see running out of jobs any time soon.

Overall, it seems definitely worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment